Coming in just under the wire on this one 🙂 Sewing the hat up as we speak.
My reason? I’m officially in my new sewing room/office tonight! Using it for the first time, and loving my peace, quiet, and organization! It’s a beautiful thing.
Pics of the hat(s) and my new sewing room on the way!
And here they are!!!
A note on the construction:
I realized that for this project, cutting with the grain of the fabric does make a difference. My camo fabric was a scrap left over from Redding’s Fourth of July pants last year, and I squeezed the pieces onto the fabric however I could to make them fit. When I was piecing the side and top together, you have to cut notches into the side to make it fit the top. Because I didn’t follow the grain, I got some funny stretching action, and a couple wrinkles while sewing. Nothing too obvious, but noticeable nonetheless.
He has some room to grow in it which is great. Now I just have to make Redding one, and then all my boys will have matching hats. Alan has the real deal that he got at boot camp years ago. I might sew some molle loops on Redding’s hat to make it look more like Alan’s.